Canada Home Loan and also Housing Corporation is Trying To Find a New Chief Executive Officer
The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), which has been helping house Canadians for over 70 years, is looking for its next president and CEO.
The successful candidate will replace the current chief executive officer, Evan Siddall, who ran Canada’s main housing finance agency for the past six years.
The full-time position offers a salary of $390,300 to $459,100 per year.
According to the job post, the president will be accountable for setting the vision and strategic direction needed to attain CMHC’s 2030 aspiration, which is to ensure everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs.
The president will also be responsible for providing advice to the Chair and Board of Directors on carrying out their responsibilities under the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation Act, the National Housing Act, the Financial Administration Act, the National Housing Strategy and other relevant legislation.
The president and CEO is also responsible for understanding the various housing needs of Canadians and developing effective working relationships with Government, industry partners and stakeholders, to shape housing policy, which serves all people living in Canada.
To apply, you must have the following qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree from a recognized university in a relevant field of study such as commerce, accounting, law, economics; and/or combined experience;
- A professional accounting designation (CPA-CA, CGA, CFA or CMA) is considered an asset;
- Notable and proven senior-level decision-making experience with respect to complex and sensitive issues;
- Demonstrated experience in leading an organization of similar size and scale;
- Previous experience working with a board of directors and/or government officials; and
- Significant senior-level management experience in a large private and/or public organization, including the management of human and financial resources, and experience leading the day-to-day operations of a multidisciplinary and decentralized organization.
If you move on to the next stage of the selection process, the following criteria will be assessed:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of CMHC’s housing policy mandate and activities, and of land and asset management;
- Knowledge of the financial management of a large financial services organization and skilled in risk management;
- Sound knowledge of housing and financial markets, and their role in macroeconomic policy and CMHC’s market activities;
- Demonstrated success in leading an organization through transformative change, at exploring new ideas and advancing strategy;
- A strong history of building and maintaining productive and effective multipartite relationships with partner organizations and diverse stakeholders;
- Astute ability to navigate the political and complex environment;
- An understanding of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation Act, the National Housing Act and the Financial Administration Act;
- An understanding of the National Housing Strategy including married approaches to financing of affordable housing development and diverse needs;
- Ability to influence and lead in orienting housing markets, financial regulation, partnership and public resources towards achieving a right to housing for all Canadians;
- An understanding of the Government’s social, economic and fiscal policies and priorities, and its role in housing; and
- Proficient and authentic communicator with the ability to act as a spokesperson in representing CMHC with the media, stakeholders and parliamentarians in both official languages.
Proficiency in both official languages would be preferred.
If you move on to the next stage of the selection process, CMHC will contact your references to confirm that you meet the above selection criteria and that you possess the following personal attributes:
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Sound judgment
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Growth mindset
- Strategic and innovative thinker
Review of applications begun on June 30 and candidates must apply online through the Governor in Council Appointments website. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications by this date. After this date, your application will be retained and may be considered up until an appointment to the position is made.
Your cover letter should be addressed to the Deputy Director of Selection Processes, Senior Personnel Secretariat, Privy Council Office, and should be sent only through the online application.
The post Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation is Looking for a New CEO appeared first on Toronto Storeys.
Did you miss our previous article…